How much does it cost? Membership is $12/year. Scholarships are available.
What will I have to do it I join? As much or as little as you’d like! By simply joining, you’re adding your voice to the PTA.
Who can join? Anyone! Parents, Grandparents, family, friends, community members, alumni.
Discounts? Members receive great discounts to FedEx, Staples, Great Wolf Lodge, Wild Waves, car rentals… PLUS discounts on tickets to the State Fair, local sports and entertainment! Click here for a list of discounts.
Do I need to renew each year? Yes, your membership is good for one year.
WHY JOIN THE PTA?
The number one reason to join the Parent Teacher Association is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help your school. But there are many more PTA advantages from pta.org:
- There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school.
- PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
Discover Great Resources:
- The PTA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role by supporting building improvements through advocacy and play an important role in fundraising for curriculum based programs and social events.
Be a Role Model
- By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
Enjoy Substantial Benefits
- Individuals and local units can take advantage of a host of benefits from PTA membership including discounts and offers from member benefits providers and sponsors, magazine subscriptions, leadership training, e-newsletters and much more.
Tap into a Network
- PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You can share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
Watch Yourself Grow
- By volunteering with your PTA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child and all children in the community.